Yesterday USA Today published an article for seniors looking to retire. We all envision what it would be like to shed our jobs and enjoy what life has to offer. But the article offered a cautionary note.
Space does not permit me publishing the full article here. However, I will list the five suggestions you need to consider before you step off the treadmill:
- You don’t have a clear monthly financial plan
- Your backup plan is to continue working for years
- You don’t regularly check up on your savings
- You have more debt than you’re comfortable with
- You haven’t considered inflation costs
You can find the full article online or on the June 26th issue of USA Today at your local library.