Are you at a point in your life when you’re asking yourself, “What’s next?” You’ve finished one phase of your life and are moving into a new phase, much of which is unknown.
The good folks at AARP have developed a program called Life Reimagined which can serve as a guide from working life to retirement life. You can log into the Life Reimagined website or check out the book of the same title, co-written by Richard J. Leider and Alan M. Webber.
The authors set out to guide seekers to create their own fulfilling retirement lives. They cite six action steps:
- Reflect – look deeply into your life to connect with key benchmarks.
- Connect – request feedback from friends and mentors to build your own information and support team.
- Explore – test different opportunities.
- Choose – narrow down the possibilities.
- Repack – decide what’s essential for the road ahead.
- Act – take small steps to make possibilities real.
Of course, the process is more complex than this brief outline. For more information, don’t hesitate to contact me.